Has Your Baby Suffered A Birth Injury?
Elk & Elk’s lawyers know that a birth injury or any injury resulting from negligence can leave a family wondering where to turn. Going up against a hospital, large clinics and insurance companies and even the police can leave one’s head spinning. Having a guide during the aftermath of an injury can make all the difference.
At Elk & Elk Co., Ltd., our attorneys fight hard against negligent health care providers, insurance companies and any others involved in a birth injury case. Defendants such as these have many lawyers skilled at defending their employers against those who would hold them responsible.
Our law firm levels the playing field: We are not afraid to go up against even the most powerful insurance companies and their lawyers.
If your baby was injured at birth, you do have options. The lawyers at Elk & Elk invite you to contact them 24/7 to schedule a free consultation to discuss your situation. Call us at 877-ELK-7ELK (877-355-7355) or complete our online form to get started.
We Are Ready To Help You With The Challenge Of A Birth Injury
Babies injured at birth may have physical and emotional challenges their entire lives. However, they are not the only ones affected. The costs of having a disabled child can be high, and financial stress can tear a family apart. Medical care, physical therapy, medications, and special equipment are costly.
Families facing expenses such as these need help, and our attorneys stand ready to offer assistance.
We have experience with birth injuries such as:
- Hypoxic-ischemic encephalopathy (HIE) – A condition caused by a lack of oxygen to the brain during the birthing process. The baby may suffer emotional, developmental and medical challenges, as well as cerebral palsy.
- Cerebral palsy – This condition is usually caused by damage to the brain occurring before or during the birthing process. Signs of cerebral palsy may include problems with muscle control and coordination, muscle weakness, tremors, and a wide range of other symptoms.
- Brachial plexus injury – The brachial plexus is a set of nerves that run from the neck/shoulder area to the spinal cord. A difficult delivery can result in injuries to the brachial plexus. Signs of a brachial plexus injury in an infant can include decreased hand or lower arm movement, paralysis of hand/arm, problems with muscle control or gripping, and having an arm that is bent at the elbow and positioned against the body.
- Erb’s palsy – Damage to the nerves in the neck can also cause a condition known as Erb’s palsy. The symptoms are similar to those seen in a brachial plexus injury.
- Shoulder dystocia – Injuries to the shoulders during a difficult delivery – especially in cases where the baby’s shoulders get stuck behind the pubic bone – can result in a condition known as shoulder dystocia. Nerves in the shoulder can get stretched and damaged. Sometimes the baby recovers, but sometimes the results can last for a lifetime.
Our lawyers have the resources to craft strong cases after negligence caused injuries such as these and others. We use our years of experience and knowledge and that of medical specialists, to ensure that your family has the support it needs.
Free Consultation: Call Elk & Elk For Help After A Birth Injury
Our lawyers welcome your call 24/7. Tell us your story and find out how we can help. Contact us at 877-ELK-7ELK (877-355-7355) to schedule a free consultation.
We serve the Lexington area through our office in Louisville.